A new degree that focuses on the changing nature of the fashion and retail business has been launched. London Metropolitan University will begin a bachelors degree in fashion marketing in September as part of the expansion of its Business School. Ruth Marciniak, the course leader, said: "The number of people in the industry has grown since 2000 and it now has about 110,000. More significantly, there has been a shift in the industry away from manufacturing and towards marketing, marketing communications, distribution and supply-chain relationships. As a consequence, there is an increased demand for graduates who have business knowledge of the fashion industry."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now