Brussels, 06 Jan 2006
LIFT, a conference exploring the applications of new technologies, will take place in Geneva, Switzerland, on February 2 and 3.
The goal of the conference is to bring together people involved in the field of new technologies, and who have creative or elegant solutions as to how these technologies may be used.
Speakers will be drawn from the worlds of fashion, technology, business and academia, and will address five major areas:
- big ideas: from co-creation to blogging via a copyright-free world, the way new technologies break-down the conventional;
- design: how technology makes life better for people;
- emerging technologies: nanotechnology to RFID (the chips that will soon be embedded in everything we buy) - what is in the pipeline?;
- global solidarity: technology as a means not just to connect people, but to save lives;
- Internet: the glue for almost all of the other topics - how this innovation continues to innovate.