Gore to teach journalism at Columbia
Former US vice-president Al Gore is to teach journalism at New York's Columbia University as a visiting professor for at least two terms, running up to eight seminars for graduate students from next month. Before entering the US senate he was a journalist in his native Tennessee.
Italian academics to aid Galapagos islands
Rome’s La Sapienza University is to send a team of zoologists and chemists to the Galapagos to help deal with the oil spill. University rector Giuseppe D'Ascenzo has just returned from the islands, where he finalised an agreement to set up a research centre to study the balance between tourism and the environment.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now