Georgia marks civil rights milestone
Charlayne Hunter-Gault, one of the first two black students to enrol at the University of Georgia in the face of violent opposition from white segregationists, returned yesterday to the campus to mark the 40th anniversary of the milestone for the US civil rights movement.
Chicago to evaluate Florida votes
The University of Chicago's National Opinion Research Center has been retained by a consortium of media organisations to evaluate Florida's uncounted presidential ballots. It will not try to determine whether a ballot contains a valid vote, but will only describe the marks.
Nigerian polytechnic ousts 100 students
Almost 100 students at the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic in Nigeria have been expelled for offences ranging from forgery of certificates to examination malpractices and poor academic performance.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now