Brussels, 10 Dec 2003
An international conference on 'intelligent manufacturing systems - global changes in manufacturing' will take place from 17 to 19 May 2004 in Lake Como, Italy.
The event is supported by the information society technologies (IST) and nanotechnologies and nano-sciences, knowledge based multifunctional materials and new production processes and devices (NMP) priorities of the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6).
Leaders from industry and academia will come together to analyse the state of the art in advanced manufacturing, exchange views on emerging and future trends, and present ongoing research projects in the field.
Topics will include:
- sustainable design, products and manufacturing processes;
- collaborative extended enterprise and supply chain management;
- modelling and simulation, virtual engineering, and digital factories;
- development and industrial applications of nano-technologies and bio- technologies;
- innovation management in manufacturing technology;
- intelligent devices, robots, machines, and processes for intelligent manufacturing systems;
- human aspects in manufacturing.
For further information, please consult the following web address:
Politecnico di Milano
Department of Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering E-mail: email@example.com
Remarks: An open call for papers is available on the conference website