Brussels, 06 Nov 2003
The Commission is supporting a European conference on innovative technologies and materials for the protection of cultural heritage, which will take place in Athens, Greece, on 16 and 17 December.
The event seeks to create a platform for the integration of research, industry and education in the field of cultural heritage protection. Possible priorities in the field for the Seventh Framework Programme will also be discussed.
Further topics for discussion include:
- integrated assessment of building materials' susceptibility to decay factors;
- non-destructive techniques for 'in-situ' damage assessment;
- design, application and assessment of compatible restoration materials;
- innovative techniques and materials for conservation interventions;
- marketing, finance and research aspects in conservation and restoration industry.
For further information, please contact:
Prof. A. Moropoulou
National Technical University of Athens
School of Chemical Engineering
Section of Materials Science and Engineering
Zografou Campus, 9 Iroon Polytechniou St.
15780, Athens, Greece
Tel: +302-10772-1433 / 1431
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now