Brussels, 06 Nov 2003
The Commission is supporting a European conference on innovative technologies and materials for the protection of cultural heritage, which will take place in Athens, Greece, on 16 and 17 December.
The event seeks to create a platform for the integration of research, industry and education in the field of cultural heritage protection. Possible priorities in the field for the Seventh Framework Programme will also be discussed.
Further topics for discussion include:
- integrated assessment of building materials' susceptibility to decay factors;
- non-destructive techniques for 'in-situ' damage assessment;
- design, application and assessment of compatible restoration materials;
- innovative techniques and materials for conservation interventions;
- marketing, finance and research aspects in conservation and restoration industry.
For further information, please contact:
Prof. A. Moropoulou
National Technical University of Athens
School of Chemical Engineering
Section of Materials Science and Engineering
Zografou Campus, 9 Iroon Polytechniou St.
15780, Athens, Greece
Tel: +302-10772-1433 / 1431