Your brief item, "Health workers offered ILT membership" (For the record, THES, August 18), was misleading in omitting to say that "registered nurses, midwives and health visitors who qualified with the UK Central Council can apply for immediate membership of the ILT" also need a UKCC- recorded teaching qualification. Nurse/midwife teachers are experienced practitioners who have taken a teacher preparation course and are therefore already accredited teachers. The ILT process recognises this accreditation as making them eligible for immediate membership.
Senior nursing lecturer
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now