An environmentally friendly way to prevent zebra mussels and other invading fresh water species from infesting and blocking pipework has won its creators top prize in the Bioscience Business Plan Competition.
Lord Sainsbury, science minister, presented a team from the University of Cambridge with Pounds 20,000 for drawing up a solid business plan with help and advice from the competition's organisers to turn their innovative idea into a marketable commodity.
Teams from Bristol and Manchester universities were judged runners-up.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now