Source: Russell Sach
This 6ft polycarbonate model of a rhino - named Erica - has been transformed into an interactive cyber hub by the University of Southampton’s department of electronics and computer science.
Erica acts as a wi-fi hub and reacts to shoppers in Southampton city centre by moving her eyes and ears. She is being used by charity Marwell Wildlife to raise awareness of the plight of this endangered species.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now