Brussels, 21 Dec 2004
An international conference entitled 'Evolution of the life sciences' will be held in Edinburgh, UK, from 23 to 25 February.
As well as addressing the usual areas of uncertainty faced by all sectors, such as which research areas are going to lead to the next big breakthrough, the event will also assess specific issues such as:
- how to bring radically new types of product, such as biotech and genomics drugs or stem cells, to the market;
- the regulatory environment that such products will face;
- the impact of health service purchasing policies and other market-related factors;
- public/stakeholder acceptance of new drugs and medical procedures.
Speakers with international reputations, including industry executives, scientists, policy makers and academics will give their views on how these important trends are evolving, and how they will impact on the future shape of the life science industries.
For further information, please consult the following web address:
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now