Jim Knight, the Schools Minister, has signed a funding agreement for a new City of London academy. It gives the go-ahead for Islington Green School to be redeveloped to create the City of London Academy - Islington. The academy, which will open in September, is sponsored jointly by the City of London Corporation and City University London. Malcolm Gillies, vice-chancellor of the university, said the academy will "raise the aspirations of local students of all abilities". The two sponsors will provide £1 million each in funding.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now