The party launching the Times Higher Awards, held at the National Portrait Gallery last Wednesday night, was a glitzy affair that for many will remain a bit of a blur. But in the sober light of day we will play fair. We won't tell you which scientist came out with the immortal line: "When I first met you I thought you were hot, but I saw you tonight and changed my mind." And neither will we disclose which senior figure invited a surprised fellow guest back to his hotel room to get more intimate.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now