This research initiative calls for research proposals which will investigate how traditional budgeting is being altered to meet the contemporary demands of the business world. Research proposals are invited on this broad theme and, while proposals covering the following topics are specifically invited; others will also be welcome.
▪ The nature and origins of problems encountered in using traditional financial budgeting for both planning and control purposes.
▪ Alternatives to traditional financial budgeting eg priority based budgeting, zero based budgeting, activity based budgeting.
▪ Adaptations and modifications made to traditional financial budgeting. The nature and rationale for these changes.
▪ The abandonment of traditional financial budgeting – reasons for abandonment, how abandonment was achieved, and what replaced budgeting.
▪ The experiences of organisations operating without budgets or with modified budgetary systems.
The maximum funding for any individual project is £40,000. Application forms can be obtained from Kelly Bint. Questions should be directed to Rebecca Burrows, Research and Development Manager.
Kelly Bint tel: 020 7917 9220
Rebecca Burrows tel: 020 7917 9262