Brussels, 23 Mar 2005
The Commission President José Manuel Barroso will make a closing speech at this year's European University Association (EUA) convention on 'strong universities for Europe', taking place from 31 March to 2 April in Glasgow, UK.
The event represents a unique opportunity to learn more about the Commission's plans for refocusing the Lisbon strategy through increasing support to education, research and innovation.
Other highlights include:
- keynote speeches by Ján Figel', Commissioner for Education, Culture and Multilingualism, and Kim Howells, UK Minister for lifelong learning, further and higher education;
- presentation of the initial findings of the Trends IV report on the implementation of the Bologna reforms in higher education institutions across Europe.
For further information, please consult the following web address:
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now