Research into high-speed internet networks has been boosted by a £2.7 million grant. The government funding will connect Aston University to the Janet Aurora network, one of the largest fibre-optic research testbeds in Europe. The system will link researchers at Aston to colleagues in the universities of Cambridge, Essex and Southampton, among others. Aston said the network would enable universities to develop their internet research away from the constraints of mainstream service providers.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now