* Christine Jones, chief executive of Herefordshire and Worcestershire's Chamber of Commerce and Business Link, chair of Malvern Hills Science Park and a director of the Rural Regeneration Zone, has been appointed to Worcester University's board of governors.
* John Holman, Salters professor of chemical education at York University, has been appointed director of the National Science Learning Centre at York.
* Aberdeen University has appointed Sharon O' Loan, who was appeal director at the Archie Foundation, which raised funds for the Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital, to the post of deputy director (medicine) of the Development and Alumni Relations Office, part of the Office of External Affairs.
* Noel Whelan, vice-president (external) of Limerick University, has been elected first president of the European University Foundation, which oversees the Campus Europae project.
* Waqar Ahmed, formerly at the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister and chief social scientist with the British government since 2001, and director of the Centre for Research in Primary Care at Leeds University, has been appointed director of research and assistant vice-chancellor of Middlesex University.
* Eeva Leinonen, a specialist in clinical linguistics, has been appointed dean of the faculty of health and human sciences at Hertfordshire University.
* Frank Burdett, former director of business development at Luton University, has been appointed pro-rector at University College Northampton.