Leeds Metropolitan University must be licking its wounds. Higher education minister Margaret Hodge this week wrote an article in The Yorkshire Post about how wonderful Leeds is at increasing access, without mentioning the work done by Leeds Metropolitan University.
According to performance indicators issued by the funding council, the University of Leeds significantly under-recruited young full-time students from state schools and lower social classes, as measured against its benchmarks. Leeds Metropolitan University, however, was within its acceptable range.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now