From Jill Bourne, now teaching at University College of Wales, Cardiff.
1. Find out where the nearest lavatory is.
2. Double the time you've already allocated for writing a lecture and marking essays.
3. Get a "novice" to read through your lecture to ensure that it is understandable to people who know nothing about your subject.
4. Don't worry about missing things out: "they" won't know you have, and you can always fit it in next time.
5. Most important, be yourself. If you try to hide behind a false persona you will get caught out.