The Twitter hashtag #LabScars is not one for the faint-hearted. If you are of a squeamish disposition when it comes to rusty scalpels through the hand, pure alcohol in the eye, or the idea of picking glass out of one’s face, then you should probably look away now.
Among those submitting stories (and a grisly picture, too) was Ian Tonks (@IanTonks), assistant professor of chemistry at the University of Minnesota. A post on the Chemical and Engineering News site outlines the events that led to Professor Tonks “picking bits of glass” out of his face and arms.
— Ian Tonks (@ianatonks) April 10, 2014
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now