Congratulations to Leeds University for implementing a pay band for professors and senior managers. But, contrary to your report ("Senior staff put on Leeds pay spine", March 25), it is not the first higher education institution to do so. I don't know how many members there are of this enlightened club, but Queen Margaret University College has been one of them since last year.
Anthony Cohen Principal and vice-patron
Queen Margaret University College Edinburgh
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now