After reading "Colleges warm to university divorce" (November 26), one might believe that the foundation-degree partnerships that blossomed during the first flush of youth are now characterised by familiar relationship ills: mistrust, disagreement and overexpectation.
While this may be true for some, this is not the case in my area. The association my college and our local university enjoy is fruitful because it is built on realistic expectations, mutual respect and mature dialogue. The result is the University of Plymouth Colleges partnership: the largest foundation-degree network in the UK. We will celebrate our next anniversary rather than seeking extramarital relationships.
Plymouth College of FE
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now