After reading Jill Brookes' rant against university open days (Letters, March 4), I suggest that she spends less time fretting over "basic assumptions about parents of potential students" (not the potential students themselves, I notice), and insulting the staff and students who give up their free time to provide open days. She might have time then to reflect on the pressures put on the system by bossy, overbearing parents.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now