The separation between W. Tobin in New Zealand and his wife in France is not the farthest (Letters, February ). For the first 18 months of marriage, I visited my wife at Otago University, New Zealand, the southernmost university, from Leeds: a distance of 99 degrees of latitude and 171 degrees 64' of longitude, as opposed to the Tobin's 90 degrees 72' and 174 degrees 86'.
University of Leeds
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now