Dame Fiona Caldicott, Principal of Somerville College, Oxford (Letters, 13 March), seems inadvertently to imply that the opponents of the proposed Joint Resource Allocation Mechanism cannot have looked at the proposals in detail. Not so. The general aims of a JRAM are admirable enough: it is precisely the details of this particular proposal that are so disastrous.
Martin Slater, Fellow in economics and finance bursar, St Edmund Hall Oxford.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now