Learning from experience may earn students academic credit but no institution awards credit for experience alone ("Credits for prior learning face curb", February ).
The word "curb" suggests widespread abuse, for which there is no evidence, although, as with any activity, rogues are likely to exist.
Since the accreditation of prior experiential learning (Apel) plays a critical role in widening access, comments about it should be accurate.
Learning from Experience Trust
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now