I was pleased that Vanishing for the Vote was your Book of the Week (17 April). However, I noted the reviewer’s final point about the poor quality of the census schedule reproductions. Because others will probably also be disappointed, I have included many of the schedules, courtesy of the National Archives, on my website – www.jliddington.org.uk – where they are fully legible and in colour.
Honorary research fellow, University of Leeds
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now