Barack Obama really does have a hypnotic personality, researchers have found. Psychologists at the University of Edinburgh monitored people's reactions during the US President's inauguration by tracking their eye movements. They found that those taking part in the study were unable to take their eyes off the President throughout the long ceremony, even when the camera focused on other subjects. John Henderson from the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences said: "People's eye movements are a tell-tale sign of where their attention lies."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
- Unrestricted access to the UK and global edition of the THE app on IOS, Android and Kindle Fire
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now