Months were spent agonising about what to call the new Swindon-based organisation that will be created when the Particle Physics and Astronomy Research Council and the Central Laboratory of the Research Councils merge on April 1. Those making the decision settled on the Science and Technology Facilities Research Council. Peep hopes it has more success than Swindon Town Football Club, as it has become more commonly referred to.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
- Unrestricted access to the UK and global edition of the THE app on IOS, Android and Kindle Fire
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now