In Terry Philpot's essay "The future is bright...", a review of David Cole's book Enemy Aliens: Double Standards and Constitutional Freedoms in the War on Terrorism published in The Times Higher of July 20, 2007, it was said that Professors Laurence Tribe, Alan Dershowitz and Jeffrey Rosen were among those who had "found no fault with the current US Government's anti-civil liberties actions". Such a statement is untrue - they have vociferously challenged many of the current US Government's anti-civil liberties actions both in submissions to the legal authorities in the US and in published articles and public speeches. They have also played a leading role in challenging the Administration's abuse of the US Constitution. Both The Times Higher and Mr Philpot apologise to Professors Tribe, Dershowitz and Rosen for any distress caused.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
- Unrestricted access to the UK and global edition of the THE app on IOS, Android and Kindle Fire
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now