EMPLOYERS must invest more in training if the government's vision of a learning revolution is to be realised, the Trades Union Congress has warned. In its response to the Learning Age consultation, the TUC said that proposals "do not make adequate provision for an effective contribution for employers". The TUC also warned that the flagship University for Industry will fail if it relies solely on private sector contributions and income from its services.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now