Fears of university money troubles next year were fuelled this week by news from the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service of an overall increase in student numbers. UCAS was expecting an intake of 310,000 students - the same as last year and in line with the Government cap on growth.
But the figure has already surpassed 312,600 and is rising all the time.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now