It appears that some 14,000 AUT members voted for the 3.5 per cent pay offer, three times more than voted for either Sally Hunt (4,594) or John Duffy (3,339) in the ballot for general secretary.
Mr duffy has been overheard saying: "If they really want crap pay, they did the right thing in not electing me."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
- Unrestricted access to the UK and global edition of the THE app on IOS, Android and Kindle Fire
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now