Epitomising the saying that it is better to travel hopefully than to arrive was lifelong learning minister Kim Howells, who this week failed to make his scheduled speech to the Association of Sandwich Education and Training conference because his train was held up badly. We understand the delay was down to genuine operating difficulties rather than an elaborate satire on the government's progress in delivering a coherent lifelong learning policy.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
- Unrestricted access to the UK and global edition of the THE app on IOS, Android and Kindle Fire
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now