Bradford University is bringing 3D animation into a production of the opera Faust. The project, funded by the Arts Council England and run in collaboration with a local production company, The Silver Hammer, will combine live theatre with motion-capture animation technology as part of the Community Animation Project.
Freda Shafi, a project manager for the Centre for Culture, Creativity and Knowledge Exchange at Bradford, who secured £24,000 of ACE funding for this project, said: "It is very important that we continue to support and nurture young people across the Bradford district through the use of new technologies."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now