An image of a joke-telling robot performing a stand-up comedy routine in London has won the overall prize in a national science photography competition.
Organised by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, the Science Photo Competition attracted around 250 entries across five categories: Weird and Wonderful; Discovery; Equipment; Innovation; and People.
The images celebrate research funded by the ESPRC. Click through the images above to see the top three entries in each category.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now