Idly perusing the job adverts (Classified, 3 July), I see that a "Director of Grand Challenges" is sought who can demonstrate "outstanding communication, interpersonal and influencing skills". Lest this be not sufficiently challenging, we also have a "Head of Futureskills" who, ignoring all the academic discourse on leadership since the 1950s, should be a "natural born leader" with a first degree (or equivalent).
I assume that my application would be fruitless in the event of an expression of interest from Jamie Targett, thrusting Director of Corporate Affairs at the University of Poppleton.
Mary Brown, Human resource management department, Aberdeen Business School.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now