Research executive

四月 27, 2007

The verb that describes what postdocs do (besides assisting a lot of teaching) is "to execute research" (Opinions, April 20).

In grant proposals, the academic staff who will be paid to do the work are often referred to as "research executives".

Why not use this term within university departments and research institutes - instead of the antiquated and uninclusive "research fellow"?

Doing this also might help to stop administrators from supposing that the hands-on work of research (or teaching) can be managed by anyone but those who do it together - principal investigators and research executives.

David Booth
Birmingham University

Please login or register to read this article.




  • 获得编辑推荐文章
  • 率先获得泰晤士高等教育世界大学排名相关的新闻
  • 获得职位推荐、筛选工作和保存工作搜索结果
  • 参与读者讨论和公布评论


Log in or register to post comments