More about Koç University
Koç University is a private non-profit comprehensive research university that offers a world class educational experience in Istanbul, Turkey. Today, it is the highest ranking university in Turkey based on Times Higher Education rankings 2018.
In the twenty five years since its establishment, Koç University contributes to the elevation of knowledge and service both in Turkey and around the world through 22 undergraduate, 29 Master and 30 PhD programs.
Koç University distinguishes itself with its strong academic structure, research opportunities, international achievements, vivid social environment and the wide range of career opportunities available to its graduates.
Koç University’s commitment to excellence and its well-resourced programs attract world-class academics. The University’s faculty consists of Turkey’s most established senior researchers and Ph.D.’s from elite research institutions worldwide.
Koç University’s research mission is centered on the need to contribute to the universal body of knowledge and influence intellectual, technological, economic and social developments on a global scale. Over the last 25 years, Koç University has established an impressive track record in research and is currently the recipient of Turkey’s highest number of research grants from the European Union.
Koç University Summer Research Program offers students the opportunity to learn new research techniques and gain experience that will help improve independent thinking and creativity. The program is designed for motivated undergraduates from different universities who want to improve their research skills and plan to attend graduate school. Come check us out in Summer 2019 and stay for free in our dormitories (tuition free program).
Koç University prides itself in offering extensive scholarship packages for high calibre students that meet the selective admissions criteria. In addition to the main Koç University scholarships, international students may also be eligible for country-specific scholarships through agreements the university has established with prestigious institutions across the world.
Koç University’s main campus achieves a striking balance, being accessible for all of Istanbul, while at the same time offering a retreat from the distractions of city life. The product of a meticulous, integrated design, Koç University’s sixty academic and administrative buildings include laboratories, a library, dormitories, faculty residences, social venues, a health center and sports facilities.
Employability of our graduates
Our graduates join an 12..000 strong alumni community in Turkey and around the world.
81% of those graduates seeking employment have secured a full time job within a year of graduation.
The majority of our STEM PhD and Master graduates received job offers before graduation or within 3 months after graduation in top ranked universities in the US and Europe and prestigious companies in Turkey or abroad.
Doing your undergraduate degree at Koç University means,
- English taught programs (with exception of Nursing and some Law courses)
- Small class sizes and low student-faculty ratio (15:4) for creative, supportive and participatory learning
- Double majors, minors and track program opportunities
- Liberal arts aeducation that equips students from all disciplines with the essential principles of the human sciences and promotes appreciation for the connection of knowledge across fields.
- Faculty members that are internationally renowned, with high publication citation impact rate and numerous international and national research grants. Most faculty members have prior teaching experience in Ivy League universities in the USA and Europe.
- Classmates are Turkey’s most talented and accomplished students.
- Study abroad semesters with scholarships at 250+ globally ranked university partners in the US, Europe and Asia
- International campus life with international students and faculty members from 50 countries, prestigious guests from academia and industry and many othe international exposure opportunities
- Beautiful campus with all facilities including dormitories, swimming pools, fitness center, skating rink, 24/7 librar, health center, supermarket, bank, post office, hairdressers and more.
- Lively campus with life with 90 active student clubs and divers social and cultural activities every week.
- 80% of our undergraduate alumni receive job offers within 3 months of graduation thanks to our full career support, internships, summer programs and alumni employment networks.
- Alumni pursuing Masters’ degrees after graduation are placed in to 100 ranked universities worldwide.
- Research opportunities with word-class faculty with state of the art facilities in our 132 laboratories, 20 research centers, 5 research and educational forums, 1 support center.
Doing your graduate degree at Koç University means,
- a world-class graduate education that is comparable in scientific rigor, intellectually-rich environment, support and employability to other internationally ranked institutions in the United States or Europe.
- We believe that creating the freest environment, hiring the best scholars and students, and promoting interdisciplinary thinking is all that a university can do to achieve both our research educational mission.
- Koç University is now Turkey’s largest recipient of highly competitive research grants from the European Union. Our students and researchers are provided with the information and financial support required for the commercialization of their ideas, in contexts such as intellectual property, patents, licensing and incorporation.
- The main goal for the coming years ahead is to continue generating a high rate of reputable publications and citations to match the record of institutions among the top 100 in the world.
- We recognize that the most important driver of knowledge creation at a research university is its PhD students. We are looking to educate students who will make a contribution to the world’s academic literature during their postgraduate studies. On average, our PhD students publish 1.5 academic papers in prestigious international scientific journals before graduation.
- Joining Koç University as a graduate student is a frame of mind, a willingness to cooperate beyond know boundaries, an openness to excellence in ideas, methods and people, irrespective of origin, of nationality, age, gender or position.
- Every year we admit and support hundreds of master and doctoral students from internationally ranked universities who want to satisfy their curiosity for the pursuit of knowledge here.
How to apply
Submit your application online
College of Administrative Sciences and Economics
College of Sciences
College of Social Sciences and Humanities
College of Engineering
School of Medicine
Graduate School of Business
Graduate School of Sciences and Engineering
Graduate School of Social Sciences and Humanities
Graduate School of Health Sciences