I would be less cynical about the Office for Fair Access chief Les Ebdon’s motives if he were even half as obsessed with the social mix at less highly selective institutions as he is with that seen at those he regards as “most highly selective” (“The evidence option: hitting targets with practised precision”, Opinion, 17 January).
Geoffrey Alderman, University of Buckingham.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now