In this bonus episode of the Times Higher Education podcast, Sara Custer speaks with Richard Arum, dean of the University of California, Irvine School of Education and author of Academically Adrift: Limited Learning on College Campuses, after his plenary speech at the 2018 THE Teaching Excellence Summit at the University of Glasgow.
Arum discusses the need for more research into improving higher education learning, how technology is changing both teaching and research, and how universities have a responsibility, now more than ever, to ensure that students are civically engaged.
You can find our full summit coverage here.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now