In your round-up of The Week in Higher Education (News, 22 February), you report Aileen Hammond’s suggestion that “all students in tertiary education could be required to register for work in seasonal agriculture”. I think that this is an excellent suggestion. They should also be obliged to take up arms on behalf of their lord in the event of an invasion by the French.
Honorary research fellow
University of Bristol
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now