Science minister Lord Sainsbury this week delivered yet another speech about the knowledge economy, this time at the British German Forum on Thursday. But on being asked for an advance copy of his speech, the Office for Science and Technology said: "Lord Sainsbury will not be making any new announcements, in fact he won't really be saying anything..." How inspiring.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now