Brussels, 01 Jul 2003
A workshop on advanced security technologies in networking will take place from 15 to 18 September in Bled, Slovenia.
In light of the growing use of the Internet for administration, e-commerce, intra-organisation communication, health care applications and research, the workshop will bring together experts and users from industry, research and administration to discuss the need of promoting and enhancing security technology.
The following areas will be covered:
- basic knowledge about security mechanisms and services;
- security standards;
- secure administration of the network;
- security technology based products and services for secure communication;
- security technology in e-government and e-business applications;
- secure infrastructure;
- privacy aspects and privacy enhancing technologies;
- data protection and legislation.
The workshop is being organised by NATO's security technology competence centre, in association with the European Commission.
For further information, please consult the following web address: