The Big Lottery Fund for England is to give the Open University a £2 million grant over five years to fund an online "biodiversity observatory" to track and monitor UK wildlife. The observatory, to be launched in 2009, will consist of a website designed to allow anyone interested in British wildlife, from casual viewers of TV programmes to knowledgeable amateur naturalists, to share observations.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now