The Association of American Universities has condemned President George W. Bush's veto on removal of a ban on federal funding of stem-cell research. AAU president Robert M. Berdahl accused Mr Bush of "hobbling" US scientists, rendering them less competitive internationally.
European research ministers have agreed that EU research money can continue to be spent on human embryonic stem-cell research but only if no cells are destroyed.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now