Brussels, 10 Feb 2003
Venice is to host an international workshop on 14 February on the subject 'The European Regions as main actors in EU projects in the field of public health and biomedical research'.
The workshop is aimed at clarifying participation modalities for the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6) and in particular, discussing the next calls in the field of public health.
Speakers at the event include national FP6 experts, representatives from the European Commission's DG research and the Veneto Region.
Some of the other topics covered throughout the day will include:
- Presentation of the new public health programme of the European Commission;
- Sixth Framework Programme: The ERA-NET scheme;
- Overview of the Lombardy region's involvement in European research projects;
- Partnerships with candidate country regions;
- Presentation of a regional model adopted by the Veneto region.
For more information, please contact:
Rue de l'Industrie, 22