Scottish health innovation scheme launched
Scottish Health Innovations (SHI) was launched today with a budget of more than £2 million to back ideas from within the NHS which will benefit patients, develop their commercial potential and help them get on to the market. Funded jointly by Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, the Department of Trade and Industry and the Department of Health, SHI will build on existing work by universities, trusts, and research institutes.
Sasol sponsor St Andrews chemical research lab
St Andrews University has launched a £2.5 million partnership with a South African petrochemicals company to research homogeneous catalysis, the process of making chemicals faster, cheaper and greener. The new Sasol Technology Research Laboratory will create around 25 PhD research posts and offer student placements.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now