A centre focused on the history of the English language was launched at the University of Winchester last week. The English Project aims to establish a visitor attraction in Winchester that will allow visitors to explore the global evolution of English "from a mixed tongue of three tribes to the shared speech of 2 billion people", the university said. The goal is to open the attraction in the spring of 2012 as part of the London Olympics cultural programme.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now