The famous Jodrell Bank Observatory has been put up for sale on auction website eBay. "Potential buyers among you are advised that you'll have to collect Jodrell Bank in person, but that once you've got it shifted and reassembled at home you'll discover that it works via the car's 12v cigarette lighter adaptor", gets "great Sky TV reception" and "doesn't require a licence", reported the Register news website. Academics are battling to save the observatory, which is under threat of closure.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now