An academic is supervising the first British production at Iran's most important theatre venue. Sasha Dundjerovic, senior lecturer in drama at the University of Manchester, will oversee the English-language production of Human is Human, which will run for three weeks at Tehran City Theatre. The play was written by Mehrdad Rayani Makhsous, an established Iranian writer, documentary-maker and director, who is currently studying for a PhD at Manchester. Dr Dundjerovic said: "There is certainly a turbulent political climate in Iran, but despite - or because of - that, the cultural scene is vibrant and interesting."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now